Name: Enhancing the social inclusion of low income single parents
Single parent families with dependent children are at an increased risk of poverty and social exclusion.
Increasing single parents’ economic independence, with particular attention to single mothers, is key to raising them and their families out of poverty. Work-life balance measures also play a prominent role in supporting the full participation of single parents in society. Access to services such as childcare, long-term care, as well as education & training, and other enabling services can remove barriers to the labour market and contribute to social inclusion.
The ParentBank project aims to contribute to the socio-economic empowerment and inclusion of lowincome & low-qualified single parents, setting the following objectives:
• Support single parents who are low-skilled/qualified, in acquiring and developing basic skills and key competences, sense of initiative, entrepreneurial mindset and skills, in order to foster their employability and socio-educational and personal development,
through the running of an online time-bank
• Extend the competences of practitioners who support single parents in the teaching of numeracy, entrepreneurial and digital skills, incl. through the use of digital technologies, so that they can provide high quality learning opportunities tailored to the needs of low-skilled single parents.
• Encourage low-skilled/low-qualified single parents to develop and upgrade their literacy, numeracy, digital, entrepreneurship competences and/or other key competences through peer-to-peer outreach, guidance and motivation
• Promote access of low-income single parents to childcare and other services (they may be unable to afford) through time-banking (providing services to one another) that can also facilitate/support
their entry into the labour market or further training
• Training programme for practitioners who support single parents, in the teaching of literacy, numeracy, entrepreneurial and digital skills
• Training programme for the building of literacy, numeracy, digital competences, sense of initiative,
and entrepreneurial skills of low-skilled single parents
• Elaboration of guide for the development of time-bank business plan & sustainability strategy
• Creation and piloting of single parents’ time bank
Programme: ERASMUS+; KA2-Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices; KA204-Strategic partnerships for adult education
Duration: 01.10.2019. – 30.09.2021.
Asociatia Habilitas - Centru de Resurse si
Formare Profesionalal – Romania
Parents' Association "Step by Step"– Croatia
Asociación Caminos - Asociación para el intercambio educación y desarrollo social – Spain
SOCIALINIU INOVACIJU FONDAS – Lithuania
KENTRO MERIMNAS OIKOGENEIAS KAI PAIDIOU – Greece
Know and Can Association – Bulgaria