Name: SCHOOLS ENGAGE: Service Learning as a vehicle for fostering active citizenship in secondary education across Europe
The project aims at developing, testing, and validating an innovative educational package for secondary education that builds on Service Learning (SL).
1) Enhancing teachers’ professional development by supporting them to apply innovative teaching practices related to service learning and citizenship education and equipping them with tools, methodologies and ready-to use materials.2) Supporting the real life testing and application of SL interventions in schools in four European Countries (Germany, Greece, Bulgaria and Cyprus) and increase student’s civic participation, strengthen their democratic values and cultivate active citizenship competences such as critical thinking, collaboration, social responsibility, advocacy etc.
- SCHOOLS ENGAGE teacher training programme
- Service Learning resource bank
- Service Learning Reflection toolkit
- SCHOOLS ENGAGE online course
Programme:KA2-Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices; KA201-Strategic Partnerships for school education
Duration:1.12.2020 - 30.11.2022
Partners: FRIEDRICH-ALEXANDER-UNIVERSITAET ERLANGEN NUERNBERG- Germany, STIMMULI FOR SOCIAL CHANGE- Greece, CSI CENTER FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION LTD- Cyprus, Know and Can Association- Bulgaria, 93rd "Alexander Teodorov - Balan" Secondary school- Bulgaria, EKPEDEFTIRIA VASSILIADI- Greece;