Created: 14 June 2009
RUNI CENTER AND KNOW AND CAN ASSOCIATION
RUNI Educational Center and Know and Can Association perform a range of informal courses that are related to the non-traditional education. The main objectives of the courses are to raise the qualification, to create skills, to improve knowledge and improve skills in order to help people to be competitive, aware and bright ones.
Informal courses and programs:
- - Introduction to the Public Debates
- - Introduction of the debate
- - Argumentation – types of arguments and proofs
- - Exercises/ role game
- - Types of reasoning
- - Exercise
- - Cross examination in debate
- - Exercises/ role game
- - Types of disproof. Disproof techniques
- - Exercises/game
- - Generating and organizing ideas
- - Public speaking – voice and manners
- - Moderator’s role
- - SPAR debates
2. Team working
Leading methods and styles
- - Introduction
- - A team and a group
- - Team working - Elements and characteristics
- - Team working formation stages
- - Effective team working
- - Characteristics of well-functioning teams
- - Types of conflicts and reasons for their rise
- - Stages and ways of conflicts decision
- - Mediation in conflict situations
- - Leading methods of management
- - Leading styles
- - Main characteristics of the leader
3. Psychometric tests and job interviews
- - Introduction
- - Types of tests
- - Instructions on test working
- - Tests taking approach
- - Check-up and analysis tests
- - Tests for determination of the skills and ability for taking up a position
- - Creativity determination tests
- - Personal characteristics determination test
- - IQ tests
- - Business role games and role taking
- - Practice leads to perfection – characteristics of the balanced and harmonized personality
4. Realizing and managing successful projects
- - Introduction
- - Searching financing possibilities
- - Donors’ demands
- - Project. Structure. Elements and stages of working out
- - Partners. Team
- - Logical frame of the project
- - Budget of the project
- - Timetable. Results. Required documents
- - Evaluation
- - Reports of the evaluation
- - Project management. Human resources and finances management. Documentation.
- - PR Strategy. Analysis and evaluation
- - Project closing
- - Role games
5. Successful self – realization program for young people
The aim of this non-formal course is to help young people to gain knowledge, social skills and virtues in order to facilitate them to adapt to the higher and higher demands of social and educational spheres. This, consequently, will surely lead to their better adaptation and realization in real life as it develops young people’s mental and emotional intelligence. The idea of working out this program came because of the innumerable questions, mainly by young people, on the lack of places where to meet, communicate and share interests with other young people having high IQ potential; on the need to receive and reveal additional skills that traditional educational systems cannot present; on how to spend their leisure time in interesting and useful way; and most of all – how to reduce the lack of readiness for realization of young people who has already graduated high schools or universities. So, the sub modules in the program include:
- - How to improve the power and the flexibility of my mind?
- - How to strengthen the memory, the concentration and the perception?
- - How to lay down my questions in the best way?
- - How to discuss and to stand on my ground without affecting my opponents?
- - How to solve difficult problems?
- - How to behave at my work place, so that to make myself feel comfortable and to handle the task in the best possible way?
- - How to avoid and not provoke conflicts?
- - How to react adequate when my boss gives me instructions and tasks to do?
- - How to become a successful and tolerant manager?
- - How to teach myself to accept the situations and to find the advantages and opportunities in each activity and to have the courage to handle the tasks in the best way?
- - How to teach myself to make optimal decisions; how to organize my time so that it will be enough for all my activities?
- - How to learn to evaluate myself in an adequate way so that the others will accept me and give me a chance?
- - How to feel myself safe and confident in my life?
Content of the program
This program includes theory, interactive methods for building up habits and skills, communicative and intellectual problems and exercises, psychometrical, number and picture tests, exercises for developing memory, logic and perception, intellectual games and puzzles, IQ tests. The program is predicted to be held in 30-34 activities, each one with duration of 90 minutes. The program is recommended to high school students and young adults. The program can also be corrected on the number of activities according to the needs of the participants.
- Review of the communicative abilities
- Oral and written instructions
- Team work
- Making decisions skills
- Group problems solvingTaking risk
- Leader roles, management stylesPersonal characteristics of the active and enterprising person
- Creative spirit
- Building up self-faith
- Time management
- Formulation and discussion of different problems
- Cognitive questions
- Mental puzzles
- Intellectual games and activities
- Cases solving
- Psychometrical tests
- IQ tests
6. Intellectual skills development program
a) to determine a private thinking style (characteristics of a style) and to form habits of noticing other people’s styles of thinking;
b) Effective usage of the personal intellectual resources
c) Enriching the mutual views with other people
The program is recommended to people who, most of all, want to reveal their own personality and IQ potential, as well as to people who have to use their creativity and stand their ground in daily work. The program is proper for high school students, youths and mature people. The expected results at the end of the program are:
- - To clarify the strong and weak aspects of your intelligence
- - To learn how to determinate situations that are proper for your personal worth revealing
- - Effectively use your knowledge and intellectual skills
- - To learn how to make less mistakes related to your weak characteristics by discerning non profitable chances
- - To learn to be more flexible when making a decision to change the circumstances
- - To be more précised and strict in your esteem of other people and you will find common ground with others.
- The program will help you to improve your effectiveness in the process of communication and professional activities in general.
7. Program for professional orientation and consultation
The aims of the program are to stimulate young people and students’ reasoning on their personal development and perspectives in the future and to assist them in their professional choice. The program is recommended to high school students, youths who have just graduated universities and people who want to change their present job, in order to help them to find their realization it the labour market according to their wills, abilities and expectations; to think on their work not only as a realization of their ambitions for success, reaching the material dimensions and aims or a way of living, but as well as to try to find themselves in each activity they take on. The program includes finding out:
- - What they want to be and what they are able to become
- - How they see the recent perspectives of their lives’ development
- - How the chosen job fits their perspectives
- - Whether the chosen job will lead them to their main objectives or it will appear to be their great disappointment; or they don’t know what they want at all